Facebook

Monday, February 22, 2016

Oliver and S Gallery Tunic in Linen

This is my first ever Gallery Tunic, my first blog entry and my first sew-along.

I'm super happy with my finished shirt-dress version of this pattern.


I modified the placket construction to omit the front pleat and allow for the interior contrast collar and front band.
 I shortened the original sleeve and added a contrast band as a roll-up cuff.                                                          


I lengthened the pattern and lowered the pockets to create a shirt-dress. For fit, I also adjusted the armscye and bicep sleeve width.

This is a great basic shape with many options for details.  I love the linen, but could easily see this in a cotton lawn for the heat of summer.  (It's winter here in New England, but I am thinking ahead.)

I really enjoyed this pattern and will absolutely make another, probably tunic length next time.

Thanks for reading.  Looking forward to more sewing (and posting....)

-Lori

Check out my sewing boards on A Gathering Thread on Pinterest


2 comments:

  1. Hello Lori, I really love your versiĆ³n. I like the fabric, that colour is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Itziar, thank you so much for your comment. It was hard to capture the colors on film. It's fun to hear what people think! :)

    ReplyDelete